Tomorrow we are having Pot roast for dinner. I'm planning to use a Sirloin Tip Roast for the meat. On the side we'll be having roasted potatoes.
Pot Roast 3
3-4 lb pot roast
2 tbsp olive oil
2 beef boullion cubes
1 large sweet onion
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
1 can Cream of Celery Soup
1 pkt dry onion soup mix
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 cup water
2 dry whole bay leaves
Sprinkle Adobo seasoning all over roast. Sear each side in a hot pan coated with the olive oil. Crumble boullion cubes into bare crock pot. Slice-up onion and put on bottom of the crock pot. Place seared roast on top of the sliced onions. Cover roast with cream soups and dry onion soup mix. Pour wine and water over roast. Add bay leaves to crock pot. Cook on low heat for 8-10 hours. Remove bay leaves, slice and serve with potatoes. Makes lots of extra gravy!
Dulce De Leche Bars
Pillsbury Makes: 48 bars
2 rolls (16.5 oz each) Pillsbury Create 'n Bake refrigerated sugar cookies
1 3/4 cups quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 bag (14 oz) caramels, unwrapped
1/2 cup butter
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
3 tablespoons caramel topping
1. Heat oven to 350F. In large bowl, break up 1 roll of cookie dough. Stir or knead in 3/4 cup of the oats, 1/3 cup of the brown sugar and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla until well blended. With floured fingers, press mixture evenly in bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch pan to form crust.
2. Bake 13 to 18 minutes or until light golden brown.
3. Meanwhile, in same bowl, break up remaining roll of cookie dough. Stir or knead in remaining 1 cup oats, 1/3 cup brown sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla until well blended. In large heavy saucepan, heat caramels, butter and condensed milk over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth.
4. Spread caramel mixture evenly over crust. Crumble remaining dough mixture evenly over caramel. Bake 20 to 25 minutes longer or until light golden brown. Cool 1 hour. Run knife around sides of pan to loosen bars. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
5. With small spoon, drizzle caramel topping over bars. For bars, cut into 8 rows by 6 rows. Store in refrigerator.